Ask a St. Charles Plumber: When Do You Need Gas Line Repair?
Precision has a St. Charles plumber always waiting in the wings to help you with a wide range of gas line services. We can replace your electric stove with a natural gas stove, or install a new gas line in your home entirely. However, it’s important to call at the first sign of a problem or else your gas line troubles could lead to some serious, life threatening consequences including residential fires and electrical shocks.
Ensuring the highest level of safety in your home is important, especially now that we’re entering the holiday season. Sure, you may think gas line repair is too time-consuming, but it’s undeniably worth it. Whatever you do this holiday season, never allow your gas line to interfere with your fun and call us as soon as possible!
When Should You Call Us for Service?
Before you make plans for that holiday party, you must make sure your gas line is in working order. If you’re unsure whether the time is right for gas line repair, observe the following signs:
- Gas Odors: Though natural gas is odorless, your local utility company will add chemicals that make the gas smell bad so you’ll detect any leaks. Once you smell the gas, evacuate your home immediately and call for help. The smell may be unpleasant, but you can’t deny that it’s helpful.
- Unusual Noises: Hearing sounds from your gas line this season that aren’t jingle bells? It indicates the gas is escaping from a small rupture in the pipeline or fixture. Ruptures in the pipeline are never a good sign. Always keep a good ear out for noises as they can be quite faint and you may not realize them until it’s too late.
- Dying Vegetation: Are you noticing that holiday garland around your house beginning to show signs of decay? Are the plants and flowers in your garden also suddenly decaying? This indicates a release of gas into the air, which is causing the plants nearby to die. Your first action should be to call a professional for inspection of your gas line immediately.
- Older Gas Lines: All gas lines will begin to weaken after a certain period of time. It may be time to install a new gas line altogether to avoid future problems, even if it may a lengthy, expensive venture. Older gas lines are also more likely to experience physical damage that may result hinder its overall performance.
Contact Precision today if you want to secure a safer home this holiday season thanks to the incredible work done by our St. Charles plumber!
Join the Precision Today Zero Problems Plan! As a member, you’ll receive all these benefits and more:
- Seasonal HVAC Maintenance
- Priority service
- No dispatch fees
- Transferrable membership
- 10% discount on future repairs
When you sign up for the Zero Problems Plan, you'll gain access to exclusive discounts, providing everyday savings on the services you need.
Ready to streamline your plumbing maintenance needs? Join today by calling 630-283-8848.