Toilet Repair in Chicagoland
Every home needs a reliable, working toilet. Yet, even with the best unit and plumbing system, a toilet will inevitably encounter problems that require an inspection or repair.
For fast and dependable toilet repairs in Greater Chicago, count on the team at Precision Today. Since 1992, we’ve been a top plumbing company in Chicago and have developed a reputation for excellent, long-lasting results.
Signs You Need Toilet Repair
Toilet problems don’t have to catch you by surprise. Homeowners can ensure their toilet works correctly for years by paying attention to warning signs and enlisting prompt repairs when necessary.
These are the common signs that you might need a toilet repair:
- Constant running: The most typical toilet problem is when it continues running even after flushing. This can point to a needed repair with the flapper valve, float, or another internal component.
- Weak flushing: If your toilet has a weak or incomplete flush, this can signal a problem with the flush valve, handle, or mechanism.
- Clogs or backups: You might have blockages in the drainpipe or another issue if your toilet gets frequent clogs or backups.
- Leaking around the bottom: Water leaking around the bottom of the toilet can suggest a wax ring failure.
- Condensation: If you notice condensation or sweating around the toilet exterior, you might have a tank insulation error or a faulty fill valve.
Common Causes for Toilets Breaking
In addition to knowing the signs of a needed toilet repair, it’s also beneficial to be aware of the common causes of a toilet breaking.
These are three typical reasons a toilet might break down:
- Clogs: Toilets typically clog from excessive toilet paper or foreign objects, and clogs can increase the pressure, which might lead to a broken toilet.
- Age: Like all fixtures, toilets experience normal wear and tear. Over time, the wear and tear can deteriorate the bowl, tank, or flushing mechanism.
- Freezing temperatures: A toilet might experience problems due to freezing temperatures. Extremely cold weather can cause the water in a plumbing system to freeze and expand, which can cause cracks in pipes.
Toilet Flushing Do’s & Don’ts
Because clogs can be the most frequent toilet problem, Precision Today wants you to know what’s okay and not okay to flush down your toilet.
The only okay items to flush include:
- Toilet paper
- Human waste
Never flush these items:
- Baby wipes
- Paper towels
- Feminine hygiene products
- Dental floss
- Cotton swabs and pads
- Cigarette butts
- Food waste
Expert Toilet Repair
Don’t try a DIY repair or settle for a corner-cutting contractor when it comes to toilet services. Trust the seasoned professionals at Precision Today.
Our comprehensive toilet services include:
- Repairs: Whether you want to fix a clogged toilet or a faulty flush mechanism, count on us to handle the repair promptly.
- Replacement & installation: A water fixture installation involves a lot of trial and error if you haven’t done it before. Take the stress and headache out of your toilet installation by having Precision Today do it from start to finish.
- Maintenance: Keep your toilet in exceptional shape by having a professional annually inspect it and offer routine maintenance.
Why Choose Precision Today?
Your home deserves the best plumbing care, and no one in the Chicago area offers that like Precision Today. As an A+ BBB-rated company, we offer highly certified and trained technicians and price matching to give you a tremendous experience.
Look no further than our team for all your toilet repair or installation needs.
Discover why more and more Greater Chicago property owners are choosing Precision Today for their plumbing, HVAC, and electrical needs.
Erik showed up on-time. Gave a full explanation of what he was gonna do, how much each option would be…was informative throughout each step of the process, very clean, polite and super professional. Erik was careful of costs, personal spaces and timing and ensured we knew everything he was doing. He didn’t try to bump up invoice but gave us fair pricing & highly recommend them!Tom M.
Tech Brandon was a real pro. He listened to my plumbing problems and recommended the best course of action. He gave me an estimate, we agreed and he began the job . He was respectful of my property and a very efficient worker. This was my second experience with Precision and I would call them again as needed and strongly recommend them to others.S Wagner
Had a great experience with this company, speciﬁcally with the tech they sent out. Adam R. did a great job and went above and beyond what was expected to make sure our plumbing issue was resolved, even going back to Home Depot a second time to get the proper materials to ﬁnish up the job. Would highly recommend using them and speciﬁcally Adam. Even the water restoration company that came…William K.
I have been have sewer line issues for several months. Ari from Precision Today came out quickly and listened to my explanation, put a camera in my sewer main and advised me of my options for remedy. Paperwork was done to secure ﬁnances for the project. He was very pleasant, eﬃcient and very knowledgeable. My experience with the oﬃce staff was also exceptional.Carol K.
Very happy with the service that I received from Precision Today. Their tech, Pail W, arrived on time. He was very professional and explained the different options to repair the leak under my sink. He told me all of the steps he would take to install the new valves and faucet. His knowledge and experience were excellent. I am very happy with the attention and knowledge that Paul and Precision…Kathy J.
Join the Precision Today Zero Problems Plan! As a member, you’ll receive all these benefits and more:
- Seasonal HVAC Maintenance
- Priority service
- No dispatch fees
- Transferrable membership
- 10% discount on future repairs
When you sign up for the Zero Problems Plan, you'll gain access to exclusive discounts, providing everyday savings on the services you need.
Ready to streamline your plumbing maintenance needs? Join today by calling 630-283-8848.