SUMP PUMP TIPS
Make Sure Your Sump Pump Is Working Safely & Efficiently
Sump pumps are important—but often forgotten—pieces of equipment. These pumps are responsible for clearing excess water away from your home’s basement and foundation, preventing flooding and water damage. A properly working sump pump can ultimately save you thousands of dollars, not to mention a ton of stress, by stopping basement flooding in its tracks.
There are a few things you can do as a homeowner to ensure that your sump pump is working properly and efficiently:
- Make sure the pipe that takes the water from your sump pump is taking the water far away from your home and not running back down the foundation.
- Make sure the grade from your home is taking water away from the home and not towards the home’s foundation.
- Make sure all downspouts are taking water far away from the home’s foundation.
- Make sure your sump pump or back up pump is plugged into a dedicated circuit so the outlet doesn’t lose power from another resource overpowering the circuit.
If you need to have your sump pump tested or inspected, simply give us a call! At Precision Today, we have the tools and training to handle a variety of sump pump services in Wheaton and throughout the nearby areas. We’re happy to answer your questions and provide you with more tips on maintaining and testing your sump pump at home.
Join the Precision Today Zero Problems Plan! As a member, you’ll receive all these benefits and more:
- Seasonal HVAC Maintenance
- Priority service
- No dispatch fees
- Transferrable membership
- 10% discount on future repairs
When you sign up for the Zero Problems Plan, you'll gain access to exclusive discounts, providing everyday savings on the services you need.
Ready to streamline your plumbing maintenance needs? Join today by calling 630-326-4345.