Sump Pump Installation in Lombard, IL: What Causes Basement Flooding?
If you have a wet basement, chances are you’re familiar with the sump pump. This handy device aids in removing water that’s backed up in your basement out of the space, allowing you to reclaim your basement for storage or living area. The root cause for these leaks, however, may be elusive to homeowners. At Precision Plumbing, your local professionals for sump pump installation in Lombard, IL, we know a thing or two about flooding basements. Below we have a few common causes that may lead to leaks, requiring that sump pump installation.
- Location, location, location: A homeowner can do a lot to modify their home and the things that happen to it. Proper maintenance can keep appliances in check, a new roof can repair leaks, and a proper paint job can keep it looking new for as long as possible. The one thing you can’t change, however, is the location, and that may be the source of your basement flooding problems. Homes near marshlands or swamps are usually the worst affected, as can homes at the bottom of large hills with water runoff. If your home is located in one of these problem spots, sump pump installation and maintenance may become a necessity.
- Out with the old, in with the new: If you already have a sump pump installed, but your basement is flooding anyway, the culprit is likely a faulty sump pump. If this is the case, there is only one option: call a professional for expert sump pump installation or repair in your home; it’s not going to fix itself.
- Effects of dear Mother Nature: If you wake up to a flooded basement, and you don’t live in a marshland and don’t currently have a defective sump pump installed, chances are it can be a repercussion of recent weather. While heavy rains can naturally cause leaking and flooding, other factors, like melting snow, can lead to negative consequences when you least expect it. Since a lot of these issues are seasonal, they ma reappear, in which case opting for professional sump pump installation may be a worthwhile investment for the future of your home. Because let’s face it, when it comes to weather, the worst will always happen.
So there you have it, a few of the leading causes of home basement flooding. If your basement is flooded, or even just overly damp, then it may be time to look into professional help to dry it out. For sump pump installation in Lombard, IL, call Precision now!
Join the Precision Today Zero Problems Plan! As a member, you’ll receive all these benefits and more:
- Seasonal HVAC Maintenance
- Priority service
- No dispatch fees
- Transferrable membership
- 10% discount on future repairs
When you sign up for the Zero Problems Plan, you'll gain access to exclusive discounts, providing everyday savings on the services you need.
Ready to streamline your plumbing maintenance needs? Join today by calling 630-326-4345.