EASY FIXES FOR A CLOGGED TOILET
In the event that you experience a clogged toilet, you need to know what steps you should take to right the situation. You certainly don’t want to stand there helplessly as your toilet clogs and overflows beyond belief. This will only make you spend money on toilet replacement far sooner than expected and cost you a huge amount of money. Clogged toilets are usually easily fixable. All it takes is a few quick steps for that clog to be no more!
How to Fix a Clogged Toilet
You may not be a fully-trained and licensed plumber, but you can still fix your clogged toilet with any of these quick solutions:
- The Plunger: If you don’t have a plunger for your toilet, what are you doing? A plunger is a simple yet effective tool that will bail you out of any last-minute toilet clog. All you really need to do is cup the toilet drain with the plunger and plunge a few times until the water levels go down. While it’s true there are some clogs that can’t be fixed by a plunger, it’s nonetheless a valuable tool to own for any drain clog.
- Baking Soda and Vinegar: Got any baking soda and vinegar in your kitchen? They may turn out to be perfect supplies in getting rid of a toilet clog. Similar to a grade-school volcano project, a mixture of baking soda and vinegar will have a fizzy, eruptive effect once it’s poured down your drains, resulting in any sources of clogging to loosen and rise up from the drain.
- Pour Hot Water: Boiling hot water can remove clogs from sink and shower drains, and the same can be applied to your toilet. Hot water can break down waste and loosen clogs. Pour only a few cups of hot water down your toilet drains, wait a few minutes, and then flush. However, don’t pour too much hot water down your toilet drains as it may cause colder, more brittle toilet bowls to crack.
- The Drain Snake: For those tougher clogs where plungers prove ineffective, a drain snake will prove effective in removing any of the smaller, harder-to-reach substances that will result in even worse clogs. It’s appropriately snake-like in form, meaning it can slide easily into smaller spaces.
- Consider a Toilet Auger: A toilet auger roughly serves the same purpose as a drain snake but is specifically designed to fit with the sharp turns of a toilet trap. When an auger is dropped down the toilet, you can turn the handle of the tool clockwise to remove the clog. The auger is perfect when an actual object is proving to be cause of the clog because it can easily snag the physical obstruction.
Join the Precision Today Zero Problems Plan! As a member, you’ll receive all these benefits and more:
- Seasonal HVAC Maintenance
- Priority service
- No dispatch fees
- Transferrable membership
- 10% discount on future repairs
When you sign up for the Zero Problems Plan, you'll gain access to exclusive discounts, providing everyday savings on the services you need.
Ready to streamline your plumbing maintenance needs? Join today by calling 630-283-8848.