What Steps Should You Take?
While you’re waiting to receive professional drain cleaning from Precision, we advise you to take the following steps:
- Boiling Water: Now if you want an extremely quick solution any homeowner can use, simply boil water and pour it down your drains. Similar to how you use hot water to wash dishes effectively, the boiling water will free up any source of clog.
- Dish Detergent: You probably have a bottle of dish detergent somewhere in your house, right? Well, it may be the perfect solution for your next toilet clog. Pour ¼ cup of detergent in a clogged toilet bowl and then add some boiling water. Dish detergent will act as lubricant to free up any sources of clogging, and the boiling water will provide extra help.
- Drain Snake: Drain snake is basically a long metal rope with a spiral of metal at the end. Drain snakes can reach deep into drains and the spiral can scoop out filth. It’s cheap, quick, and probably more effective than any drain cleaning solutions out there!
- Baking Soda & Vinegar: The best drain cleaning solutions can sometimes be found in your kitchen. Mix 1/3rd cup of baking soda with 1/3rd cup of vinegar in a measuring cup. This mixture causes a fizzing sensation that will eliminate any blockages in your drains. Allow the mixture to sit in your drains for at least an hour and then flush with hot water.
- Wet & Dry Vacuum: It probably does come in handy during periods of flooding or any situation involving excess water, but it can actually be used to unclog drains as well. Create a tight seal over the drain and set the vacuum to vacuum liquids. If the vacuum is turned on the highest power, it can be powerful to scoop up any source of clogging into the vacuum bag.
Contact Precision today at (630) 523-8453 if you need Oak Park drain cleaning and of course, follow these 5 easy solutions the next time your drains clog!
- Plumbing Tips
- Drain Cleaning